We’ve made it to Wednesday, friends. Does this week seem like it’s gone on forever to anyone else? I’ve got a half day of work on Friday, and my in-laws are headed to Houston for Easter weekend. If I look back to this time last year, we had just said goodbye to my Soy Boy, and I was still coming out of a fog. This year, I’m happy to be on the other side of my grief and am looking forward to enjoying an Easter weekend with the fam. We plan to keep it low key. We will do church and some other fun activities that are still to be decided.
Even though I’m still figuring out my Easter menu, I do have dinner picked covered for you tonight. And trust me, it’s something the entire family will love. But first, look how handsome Tex is. He was out on paw patrol for squirrels yesterday evening.
Sweet potato fries
I’ve been making my own sweet potato fries lately, and I’m seriously considering an air fryer. I know lots of you have them, but I haven’t jumped on that bandwagon just yet. But, now that we are talking about it, I know I would use it a lot: Brussel sprouts, sweet potato fries and more.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 egg white
Here’s what you’ll do.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This step is key to creating crispy fries. If you use foil, it won’t do the trick.
- Chop your sweet potato into wedges shaped like fries.
- Mix all of your spices, olive oil and egg white in a bowl.
- Dump you sweet potato into your mixture and coat evenly.
- Spread out on your sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes turning halfway through.
- Continue baking until fries reach desire crispness.
The final product. They might not be the prettiest, but they sure are good – and super easy to whip up on a week night.
And what better to accompany some sweet potato fries? How about some avocado turkey burgers?
Avocado Turkey Burgers
Next up on your weeknight menu should be these avocado turkey burgers. You can have these ready in less than 15 minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 avocado
- cheese of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons of almond meal/flour
- Toppings of your choice
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Mix all the ingredients into the meat.
- Form into 4 burger patties.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil into your skillet over medium heat.
- Add your patties into the pan.
- Cook each patty on four minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Once fully cooked, top with avocado and cheese. Cover with a lid until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with your desired toppings and your sweet potato fries.
And, there you have it – a weeknight dinner that you can have ready in less than 45 minutes from start to finish! The seasoning on these burgers is so good, and you can use with bison or ground beef as well! My husband loves to eat the leftovers as a good source of protein without a bun!